TOWN MANAGER, Town of Upland, Indiana
Job Function: Chief Administrator Type: Full-time/ Salaried/ Exempt
Available: April 1, 2017 Salary range: $60,000 – $67,000
The Town of Upland, Indiana is seeking a dynamic talent to serve as Town Manager. The position is responsible for providing leadership as the town’s chief administrative officer. The Town Manager serves under the direction of the Town Council and works closely with a talented team of department leaders and the Town Clerk-treasurer.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate public servant and a motivated leader capable of building on the town’s enthusiasm to grow and develop. The Town Council and the citizens of Upland are forward thinking and have partnered together to develop a master plan for the future of the community. Upland is a lifestyle place that has unique strengths found in the quality of her citizens and the devotion of local volunteers and civic groups. Upland is home to Taylor University, Avis Industrial Corp., the famous Ivanhoe’s restaurant and a K-6 public school. The Town Council desires a manager who can be instrumental in leading our community.
Duties include implementing, current, annual and master plans of the town. Leadership also involves engaging in important relationships with agencies, organizations and individuals that are beneficial to the town. The town manager has four direct reports: (1) superintendent for utilities, (2) superintendent for streets, roads, infrastructure, (3) town marshal, and(4) fire chief.
Primary Required Skills
- Proven administrative leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Goal-minded, possesses self-starting drive to get things done while motivating others.
- Experience in one or more of the following: municipal management, community leadership, financial or public administration.
- Working knowledge of utilities, roads and infrastructure.
Minimum education requirements
- High school diploma and 3-5 years organizational leadership experience.
Preferred education requirements
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with studies in public administration, business management, engineering, or other relevant field.
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume and three references with contact information to:
Town of Upland, Indiana
Attn: Charles Jaggers, Vice-President, Town Council
P.O. Box 428
Upland, IN 46989
or in-person at the Town Hall Offices, 87 North Main Street, Upland,IN
Completed applications should be submitted as soon as possible but no later than March 15, 2017. The selection process will continue until the position is filled. This position complies with all statutes governing town managers for the State of Indiana. The Town of Upland, Indiana is an equal opportunity employer.